Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Events Plus Sara Teasdale's Poetry

A couple of upcoming events this fall include some author fairs I've been invited to attend.  First, the Aurora Public Library's "Catch a Bunch of Authors" on Saturday, September 12, 2015, at the new Santori Branch from 2pm - 4pm in Aurora, Illinois.  I will also be at the Oswego Literary Festival, Saturday, October 3, 2015 from 9am - 1pm at the Oswego, Illinois Public Library.  I will be selling and signing copies of my books, Daniel's Esperanza, Funny Pages and Billy's First Dance at both events.  If you're in the Chicagoland area on those dates and are free, stop by and say hello.  Many talented folks attend these festivals.

Just a reminder, if ebooks are your preference, Daniel's Esperanza is now available for Kindle download on Amazon for only $3.99, and Funny Pages for only $4.95. Paperback versions of all three are still for sale, too.

Work continues on my new manuscript, Williamsburg Hill, and my goal is to finish the first draft by the end of October.  We shall see.

As I'm always searching for blog ideas, I thought I'd share some poetry by the late Sara Teasdale. Simple, powerful, moving are words I would use to describe her work. As always, thanks for reading this blog. I appreciate it very much.

I Love You
By Sara Teasdale

When April bends above me
And finds me fast asleep,
Dust need not keep the secret
A live heart died to keep.

When April tells the thrushes,
The meadow-larks will know,
And pipe the three words lightly
To all the winds that blow.

Above his roof the swallows,
In notes like far-blown rain,
Will tell the little sparrow
Beside his window-pane.

O sparrow, little sparrow,
When I am fast asleep,
Then tell my love the secret
That I have died to keep.


Thoughts
By Sara Teasdale

When I am all alone
Envy me most,
Then my thoughts flutter round me
In a glimmering host;

Some dressed in silver,
Some dressed in white,
Each like a taper
Blossoming light;

Most of them merry,
Some of them grave,
Each of them lithe
As willows that wave;

Some bearing violets,
Some bearing bay,
One with a burning rose
Hidden away —

When I am all alone
Envy me then,
For I have better friends
Than women and men.


The Look
By Sara Teasdale

      Strephon kissed me in the spring,
      Robin in the fall,
      But Colin only looked at me
      And never kissed at all.

      Strephon's kiss was lost in jest,
      Robin's lost in play,
      But the kiss in Colin's eyes
      Haunts me night and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor Swift

  I know this small post won't gain much attention in the big picture of things since the world's eyes and ears are on Taylor Swift&...