Wednesday, May 8, 2019

WKNO Gallery Ten Ninety-One

On Sunday, May 5th, WKNO Gallery Ten Ninety-One hosted an artist's reception for me as the opening for my photography exhibit in its wonderful exhibition hall.  There are so many folks to thank, but I’d like to start with Amy McDaniel, who is the Special Events Coordinator for the station.  She was patient in answering my questions, accommodating for the installation, and made the gathering that afternoon run smoothly.  I appreciate all that she has done for me with respect to this.
Great appreciation goes to all of the people who took the time out of their busy day to stop by and say hello.  I had much competition for their time: Memphis in May and the Beale Street Music Festival, Cinco de Mayo celebrations, and one of the most beautiful afternoons with warm temperatures, clear skies and low humidity (who wanted to spend time indoors?).  So, thank you to all who did attend as it meant so much to me. 
Two of the greatest surprises of that afternoon: making sales and seeing an old friend (maybe I should put old in quotation marks).  My exhibit is up for the entire month of May, and I never expected to make one sale, but during the reception ten purchases were made.  Ten!  I’m still shocked, and so grateful; thank you very much to those who bought.  I hope you enjoy my art.  As for that “old” friend…Susan and I go back to freshman year of college, and she decided to make the drive from Nashville just for the afternoon to see my photos, without really telling me, of course.  To say I was gobsmacked (this is a great word, so I use it whenever I can) is an understatement.
My gratitude runs deeply.  So many thanks, again, to everyone who participated in making it a special day.  The exhibit contains forty-two images (prints on canvas, metal, acrylic, or framed) and is up until May 31 during regular business hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor Swift

  I know this small post won't gain much attention in the big picture of things since the world's eyes and ears are on Taylor Swift&...