Thursday, January 19, 2023

Taylor Swift

 I know this small post won't gain much attention in the big picture of things since the world's eyes and ears are on Taylor Swift's upcoming tour and her multitude of accomplishments, but I'll share it anyway. 

Taylor's song The Best Day was played for me by my daughter in 2009 as I drove her to college her freshman year. It was the first time I'd heard Swift's music. It seemed my daughter's message to me in sharing that particular track was an expression of love. For me, for our family, for her childhood years. It is a song that will always take me back to that day; one that I'll cherish forever because of my daughter's role in how I heard it. It goes without saying that the song is beautiful. 

In August of 2018, I almost lost my daughter. It is an indescribable feeling of despair; the yearly anniversary is unwelcome but it's one that I can't make myself forget. Perhaps some day it will be nothing; but for now it continues to be everything because it looms like a storm cloud, waiting to happen. Then it does.

Writing has always been a therapeutic way of healing for me. So in July of 2019 I shared a short story I'd written entitled Precipice. It is how I handled the helplessness of that time. It's fictional, yet it's not. A part that certainly isn't fictional is the way the main character heard Taylor Swift for the first time. If anyone is interested in reading or revisiting this story, it can be found here: Precipice..

Below is the Youtube video of this beautiful song, The Best Day. I'm also sharing a couple more of Taylor Swift's songs that remain favorites of mine. There are many so it's hard to choose. As always, thanks for reading this blog for the last eleven years. It is appreciated.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor Swift

  I know this small post won't gain much attention in the big picture of things since the world's eyes and ears are on Taylor Swift&...