Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Well, Here It Is...



I've completed one of my New Year's Resolutions...to start a blog.  It wasn't easy.  My arguments against yet another social media account were many:

1) I don't have time;
2) I'll never get anything done;
3) The world doesn't need another blogger;
4) I don't have anything interesting to say;
5) I'll just make people mad if I write something they disagree with;
6) Why would I waste time blogging when I should be focusing "on the craft" (I'm a writer);
7) So on, and so on, blah, blah, blah

I have to say I actually started this because I've been told I need one.  I'm the author of two middle grade books of fiction.  While writing is easy, self-promotion isn't.  Marketing is the worst part of the whole process and I'm in the basement.  I am not a sales person.  So I push my books on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Librarything, Jacketflap, Shewrites...probably some other places too, but I can't remember where.  I have a website too.  If blogging will bring the masses, so be it.  I give up and here I am.

If you're reading this, I'm sorry.  There's nothing witty or headline grabbing about my post.  I can't promise to be a regular blogger, but I'll try my best.  However, I will push my books...for a great read or two, check out Billy's First Dance and Funny Pages.  I promise you'll like them.   

Hooray! One New Year's Resolution down...now, on to the treadmill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor Swift

  I know this small post won't gain much attention in the big picture of things since the world's eyes and ears are on Taylor Swift&...