Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Well, Here It Is...
I've completed one of my New Year's Resolutions...to start a blog. It wasn't easy. My arguments against yet another social media account were many:
1) I don't have time;
2) I'll never get anything done;
3) The world doesn't need another blogger;
4) I don't have anything interesting to say;
5) I'll just make people mad if I write something they disagree with;
6) Why would I waste time blogging when I should be focusing "on the craft" (I'm a writer);
7) So on, and so on, blah, blah, blah
I have to say I actually started this because I've been told I need one. I'm the author of two middle grade books of fiction. While writing is easy, self-promotion isn't. Marketing is the worst part of the whole process and I'm in the basement. I am not a sales person. So I push my books on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Librarything, Jacketflap, Shewrites...probably some other places too, but I can't remember where. I have a website too. If blogging will bring the masses, so be it. I give up and here I am.
If you're reading this, I'm sorry. There's nothing witty or headline grabbing about my post. I can't promise to be a regular blogger, but I'll try my best. However, I will push my books...for a great read or two, check out Billy's First Dance and Funny Pages. I promise you'll like them.
Hooray! One New Year's Resolution down...now, on to the treadmill.