Friday, July 1, 2022

More to the Playlist

 The following songs remind me of summers past. One hit the charts early in my college years, while another was released as I neared the end of my university years. They bring back memories of people, the University Center, an old beat up hand-me-down car, and a new stick-shift (manual transmission) I bought myself. I learned to drive it after I bought it! 

The other songs came much later, and I've no idea the time of year they were released, but they remind me of good times during the summer. The 4th of July holiday, the beach (particularly Hilton Head or Kiawah Island, S.C.), fresh produce stands on the side of the road...watermelon, peaches, corn on the cob, tomatoes. 

Adding to a very long playlist of great songs...

Youtube shares: 

The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer

Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes

Sade - By Your Side

Dido- Thank You

Dido - White Flag 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor Swift

  I know this small post won't gain much attention in the big picture of things since the world's eyes and ears are on Taylor Swift&...