Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Please Don't Do This

 Shared here is a screenshot of a 'Threads' post that kind of scrolled my way. I reluctantly signed up there, and I've not posted anything nor do I really plan to do so.  It's sort of like all other social media...I'm not consistent with it, I don't engage in it much anymore, and I basically don't get it. I also think it's a huge waste of time. The biggest thing is that I find it horrible and unkind. 

I understand the need to create a gift registry for weddings and baby showers. It makes it easier for most. But there are aways exceptions, and you aren't always going to get the things that you want. Remember to still be gracious and kind. Show gratitude. Write a thank you note, then you have options. Discreetly return the gift to the store, re-gift it, or donate it to someone who would actually appreciate it. There. Simple. Kind. Gracious. And you don't come across as a spoiled, entitled, mean brat of a person. And I'm being kind with those adjectives. 

I'm uncertain why this particular thread crossed my path but the person seems rather horrid. Apparently, she is an 'Influencer' which is something else I don't get. Why not be a sheep and follow someone you don't know, who is being paid by sponsors/companies to hawk their products that she gets for free? It's like the popular kid in high school found a way to be popular as an adult. Makes no sense to me, but I'm one of those old ones anyway. Life.

The point of this post is to be kind. Don't be like the person in this post. Thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor Swift

  I know this small post won't gain much attention in the big picture of things since the world's eyes and ears are on Taylor Swift&...